How to Compress a PPT File on Mac?
Many Macintosh users spend hours in creating PowerPoint presentation for their academic assignment or to make informative presentation slides. PowerPoint is a great presentation tool designed and built by Microsoft Corporation to create presentation slides, be it for a business assignment or for projects. Users on PowerPoint can easily add colorful text, insert clip arts, change background wallpapers, insert sound or figures, video clips and animation effect which make the presentation more attractive and user friendly.
Consider a scenario where you spent hours creating a PPT file on your Macintosh computer, now your PPT file is complete and you want to send and upload the same on your office websites (or) mail it to your friend. Since you can’t directly upload or send PPT file, all you need to do is first compress the PowerPoint file in Mac and then upload or send them via internet. So for all such users who want to compress his / her PowerPoint file just have a look at this article and find out how to compress PowerPoint file in Mac.
There are several ways through which you can compress a PPT file on your Macintosh computer. The latest Mac OS X operating system has built in application to compress a file. Follow the below mentioned procedure to compress your PowerPoint file on your Mac platform
Compressing PPT file on Mac OS X:
- Navigate to the location where your PPT files are saved
- Right click on the PowerPoint files which you want to compress (for multiple selection hold down “Command” key while clicking)
- Select “Compress” from the list of option, the PPT file starts to compress automatically
- At last, locate the compressed PPT file in the same folder as original, the compressed file will have the same file name as original
However, compressing a PowerPoint file using inbuilt technique is considered inefficient and many a times such techniques often results in PPT file damage and corruption.
Best tool to compress a PPT file:
Remo MORE software can be considered as the best Mac utility to compress PowerPoint file on your Mac operating system. The tool easily helps you backup your important PPT file and reduce its file size substantially. The software uses advanced built in algorithms which aid you in compressing your important or large sized PowerPoint file in just matter of minutes. Furthermore the tool is compatible to run on all the latest version of Mac OS X operating system like Mac OS X Leopard, Mac OS X Snow Leopard and Mac Lion.
Why Remo MORE?
- You can compress all your PPT files in just few simple clicks
- Reduces PPT file size, such that you can transfer or upload them on internet with ease
- Helps in decompressing and extracting contents from both RAR and ZIP file format
- You can even assign password protection to the compressed files
Simple steps to compress PowerPoint file in Mac:
Step 1: Download Remo MORE software on your Mac Machine and install the same. Select “Manage” option form the main window.
Figure 1: Main Screen
Step2: From the second screen, select “Compress” option to compress PowerPoint file.
Figuer 2: Scanning Proces
Step3: From the third screen select “Create New RZip File“ option.
Figure 3: Preview Repaired File
Step4: After this specify the name and location of the Rzip File.
Step4: Now add the PowerPoint files which you want to compress and click on “Compress” button to compress it in .rzip format. After the accomplishment of the file compression process you will receive a success message.